This fall, Berkeley Ballet Theater is moving to 1370 Tenth Street in Berkeley’s Gilman District – a new state-of-the-art dance facility.
We will be transitioning all classes, including fall Children’s Division and adult programming, to the new space on September 18, the start of the 2017-2018 school year.
We are excited to seize this opportunity to upgrade our facilities to match the high quality of the training we provide our dancers. Throughout the last several years we have gathered input from hundreds of BBT community members including adult dancers, parents, faculty, and supporters, in order to understand your needs and preferences related to space. We are delighted that the Tenth Street location will provide:
- A wifi-equipped waiting area for parents and dancers
- Men’s and women’s changing rooms
- State-of-the-art, clean, and spacious studios equipped with sprung base floors covered with the highest quality Harlequin Marley floor
- Free two-hour parking in residential areas a block away from the studio entrance (and metered parking—free on Sundays—in the immediate vicinity)
- Nearby amenities in the transforming Gilman District including retail, groceries, refreshments, restaurants, apparel, and more!