Never stepped foot in a dance studio but always wondered? Lived your whole life in a dance studio and want to improve or maintain your technique? Just feel like getting your dance on? BBT offers a wide range of classes for all levels every day of the week.
Classes are offered on a drop-in or reserve basis and can be purchased individually or in discounted packs.
Schedule, purchasing classes, rates
What to expect
Choosing a class level
View Schedule (Updated through 12/03/2017)
MindBody Account Management
BBT facilitates the Adult Open Division through ‘MindBody’, an online application.
From the following MindBody web page, you can either “Create an Account” or “Log In”:
BBT MindBody Portal
If you are unsure whether you already have an account:
- Click “Need a new password?” to the left of the blue “Log in” button under “Log In”.
- Input an accessible email address. Click Next.
To create an account:
- Input an accessible email address. Click Next. A “Create an Account” web page will follow.
- Under “Contact Information”, input your first and last name; let us know how you heard about us by selecting from the drop-down menu.
- Under “Login”, your email address will have been auto-populated. Compose and input a password.
- Read the “Liability Waiver”, click the gray box next to “I agree with the above terms”, and click the blue “Create Account” box. A “Profile” web page will follow.
- On the “Profile” web page, under “Billing Information”, input accessible credit card information. This card will *not* be charged, but will be saved to your BBT MindBody profile for class purchases; you may also choose to input your credit card details at the check-out web page to finalize each purchase.
- Your profile is complete! Three large tabs at the top of the “Profile” web page will allow you to check the BBT scheudle (“Classes”), edit your profile (“My Info”), or purchase BBT class credits (“Online Store”). For more information on the latter, see below.
To log in:
- Input your email address and password.
- The “Profile” web page will follow; see steps 5–6 above.
Purchasing and Attending Classes
- Classes can be purchased individually or in discounted packs from the “Online Store” tab. Select the sub-tab “Series and Membership” and item “Ballet Classes” for all ballet classes, or item “Something New Sundays” for SNS classes.
- Details on active purchased classes are available on your profile at “My Info” / “Account”.
If you have pre-purchased classes:
- When you arrive at BBT to attend a class, you must sign-in on the studio’s tablet device: Search for and select your account name, then select the circle next to your name on the sign-in page (detailed instructions are provided in each studio). One class will be automatically deducted from your purchased credit.
If you have not pre-purchased classes:
- When you arrive at BBT to attend a class, you must sign-in on the studio’s tablet device: Search for and select your account name, then select the circle next to your name on the sign-in page (detailed instructions are provided in each studio). A red bar will appear, indicating the number of classes owed. Within the next 48 hours, please log into your MindBody account, select the “Online Store” tab, select the sub-tab “Series and Memberships”, and select the appropriate item (e.g. “1 Class: $15.00”). Note that, whether you are paying for the class taken or purchasing a larger pack of classes at a discount, a yellow bar will indicate that you are “Reconciling [#] unpaid(s) from [class date]”.
Barre Only Rate: $11
Single Class Rate: $15
Student Class Rate: $12
Purchase Class Packs at a Discount:
|4||$55||30 days||Buy Now|
|8||$100||30 days||Buy Now|
|12||$135||30 days||Buy Now|
|16||$165||30 days||Buy Now|
|20||$187||30 days||Buy Now|
|Unlimited||$208||30 days||Buy Now|
|Student 4*||$45||30 days||Buy Now|
|Student 8*||$85||30 days||Buy Now|
What to expect
For your first class: Please arrive fifteen minutes before class begins to sign in, change, and stretch.
Clothing: There is no dress code for adult dancers. We recommend fabrics and tailoring that support comfortable, unrestricted movement. As some dancers find themselves getting warm as class unfolds, we recommend layering to facilitate temperature control.
Footwear: Ballet slippers are recommended for Beginner, Intermediate, and Advanced classes. Socks are an acceptable option for Bootcamp and Introductory classes.
Class format: Ballet classes are divided into Barre and Center. Classes begin at a ballet barre for stretching and warming up; the final half of class involves short choreographed sequences in the center of the room or across the floor.
Choosing a class level
Class descriptions are designed to help you choose an appropriate class. If you have questions, our instructors are always available to help!
Introduction to Ballet 1: Have you always dreamt of learning ballet? It’s not too late. Intro to Ballet is recommended for students with little or no previous dance experience. Learn the basic elements of ballet broken down into simple exercises that ensure the development of proper technique. Enjoy your newly developed posture, presence, and strength. No experience needed.
Introduction to Ballet 2: Are you ready for more of a challenge? Intro to Ballet 2 is recommended for students looking to continue to increase their knowledge of the basic elements of ballet and begin to use those steps in simple combinations. One year of Intro to Ballet experience recommended.
Beginner Technique: Beginning ballet is recommended for students with at least two years of ballet study who are interested in deepening their understanding of technique. Explore new movement vocabulary while reinforcing your basics. Combine basic steps into more complex combinations that develop your grace, strength, and artistry. Students are invited to join the annual spring performance each May.
Beginner Pointe: Whether developing your pointe technique or making your dream of dancing on your toes come true, this class is a supplement to other ballet classes. Recommended for dancers with four or more years of ballet training (and by teacher recommendation). Dancers are strongly encouraged to take the prior ballet class in order to be sufficiently warmed up for pointe.
Beginner–Intermediate Technique: Beginning–Intermediate ballet classes expand your movement vocabulary, reinforce proper alignment and increase strength and stamina as you develop an understanding of musicality and artistry. Recommended for students with three (or more) years of ballet experience. Students are invited to join the annual spring performance each May.
Beginner–Intermediate Pointe: Recommended for dancers with four or more years of ballet training (and by teacher recommendation) and at least one year on pointe. Dancers are encouraged to take the prior ballet class in order to be sufficiently warmed up for pointe.
Intermediate Technique: Intermediate ballet dancers are challenged to further continue develop musicality, strength, and technique while experiencing the artistry of live musical accompaniment. Recommended for students with at least four years of ballet training. Students are invited to join the annual spring performance each May.
Advanced Technique: Experience world-class instruction and live musical accompaniment, in challenging ballet classes recommended for advanced students or professionals. Students are invited to join the annual spring performance each May.
Pas de Deux: Expand your ballet vocabulary by learning elements of male/female partnering from classical ballet. This class is open to female students who have been en pointe for one or more years. Men can be complete beginners. Dancers are encouraged to take the prior ballet class in order to be sufficiently warmed up.